Early last year, while sitting in a café in downtown Los Altos with a fellow hiker, I mentioned that I was planning a trip to Iceland. He immediately said, "If you're going, you must hike the Laugavegur Trail." That simple suggestion planted a seed. Soon, I convinced my neighbor and hiking partner, Ramesh, to join me, and we planned a ten-day Iceland adventure. Our spouses would explore Iceland's Golden Circle and Ring Road with us before we set off on the six-day Laugavegur & Fimmvörðuháls trek. Duration: 6 days Distance: ~70 miles (113 km) Highest Point: Fimmvörðuháls Pass (~1,000 m / 3,280 ft) Difficulty: Moderate to strenuous Best Time: July–August Highlights: Rhyolite mountains, glaciers, lava fields, volcanoes, river crossings, waterfalls Iceland is a land shaped by two powerful forces—fire and ice. Sitting atop the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, it is one of the world's most volcanically active countries while also home to Europe's largest glacier....
Comments
Post a Comment